United Way of Fort McMurray
Established in 1978, The United Way of Fort McMurray is an accredited Imagine Canada Standards organization and operates at the highest level of excellence in: board governance, financial accountability and transparency, ethical fundraising,staff and volunteer management.
The Board of Directors of The United Way of Fort McMurray is seeking a visionary, motivational, and strategic leader to serve as our next Executive Director. This is a full time position reporting to the Board of Directors.
Our new Executive Director will serve as a strong and collaborative leader on a wide array of community partnerships that support improvements to the lives of some of our most vulnerable citizens. Additionally, there will be a unique opportunity to support recovery from the impacts of the Fort McMurray wildfires.
Supported by strong internal managers, the Director will continue to empower the staff team and volunteer committees and will be a relationship builder who competently leverages the power of both individual and business relationships and networks across the private, public and social profit sectors. As the top brand steward, you must grow and protect our reputation and continue to build our image, trust and relevance in the community.
The successful candidate will understand and identify the unique Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo community needs and possess broad business and management skills to lead the organization, including the operation of the social profit shared space; The Redpoll Centre.
We are seeking a hands-on, proactive, intuitive, and passionate leader with a solid track record of delivering impactful results as an executive leader:
- Sets high standards of performance and professionalism
- Possesses the flexibility to adjust leadership style for best team results
- Persuasive and compelling communicator with superior interpersonal skills and social acuity
- Strong experience working with governance boards, supporting them as a professional advisor and resource to enhance policy development, strategic planning, risk assessment, and financial management and investments
- Previously served in a senior leadership role managing staff and volunteers.
- Experience in budget development and management
- A Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in a related field
Please submit your resume with a letter of interest to:
email@example.com or deliver to: The United Way of Fort McMurray, The Redpoll Centre at Shell Place, 1 C.A. Knight Way, Fort McMurray, marked Confidential: Human Resources Committee
The United Way of Fort McMurray thanks everyone for submitting an expression of interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This posting will remain open until a successful candidate has been selected.