The United Way of Fort McMurray is seeking applications from people interested in joining our team in the role of The Redpoll Centre Community Animator.
The Redpoll Centre Community Animator is the glue that connects, the spark that ignites, and the person in our nonprofit shared space in Shell Place on MacDonald Island who may not have all the answers, but will know where to find them. It is an exciting role that is people-oriented and solutions-focused. The Community Animator, in addition to being the welcoming face (and voice) of The Redpoll Centre, is also the person who takes a systems approach to how the facility is working for the 40+ individuals who work within it.
The goal of The Redpoll Centre at Shell Place is to build the capacity of organizations by providing professional administrative office space, networking opportunities, state-of-the-art equipment, and shared amenities that facilitate and encourage collaboration and connection. The Community Animator is integral to the realization of the intent of The Redpoll Centre.
Reporting to the Finance and Operations Manager, The Redpoll Centre Community Animator role includes the following awesome responsibilities:
- As the heart of the Centre, this position will “animate” our shared space, inspiring positive energy, facilitating networking opportunities, and ensuring effectiveness of shared amenities
- As the first point of contact, the Animator will connect with all tenants, becoming familiar with the people and organizations so they can effectively assist visitors and respond to enquiries
- The Animator will lead the design of flock meetings and take the communication lead as it relates to promotion of the gatherings
Develop and maintain procedures and related manuals for all shared resources to ensure maximum and appropriate utilization (copiers, kitchen, audio-visual equipment, etc.)
- Provide animated tours of The Redpoll Centre to guests and organizations, sharing its features, amenities and community benefits
Manage, maintain and organize the effective and equitable use of all meeting spaces with The Redpoll Centre
- The Animator orients all external users of our conference rooms and manages all access and set-up requirements
- The Community Animator will provide daily oversight of all shared spaces within The Redpoll Centre ensuring general tidiness and professionalism
- Provide support for all United Way activities and team members
Recommended skills and attributes for a successful Community Animator:
- A natural connector and people person with a positive attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intuitive abilities to establish priorities and timelines to handle multiple projects in an efficient, accurate and professional manner
- Self-motivated and innovative in terms of projects, systems and programming
- Above average computer skills and an aptitude for learning new technology
- Demonstrated success in organizing, problem solving, innovating and paying attention to details
Applications for The Redpoll Centre Community Animator will be accepted until Thursday, February 4th at 12 noon. Please send an electronic copy of your resume to Maryellen Fenech, Finance and Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would kindly ask you to include a cover letter expressing your interest in the position, the qualifications that make you suited to the role, and your salary expectations. Only candidates considered for interviews will be contacted.
The Redpoll Centre is a capacity building initiative of The United Way of Fort McMurray and is home to 15 other nonprofit sport, recreation, cultural, arts and social profit organizations.