Are you ready to roll up your sleeves and work in a Fast Paced – Fun – Friendly Environment?
Our valued employees are passionate about their work and accomplish shared goals that have a positive impact on peoples’ lives. The United Way of Fort McMurray recruits people who are community minded, results focused and can work collaboratively demonstrating service, accountability and integrity. If you have a willingness to do whatever it takes attitude then this is the right team for you! Reporting to the Finance & Operations Manager, the Finance Administrator provides financial and administrative support to The United Way of Fort McMurray.
Core Responsibilities include:
• All Simply Accounting postings including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, receipts, and bank deposits
• Maintain organized and accurate records of financial accounting in accordance with systems recommended by the organization’s auditor
• Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements for the treasurer to review and year end reports for auditor
• Monitor campaign revenue to ensure that an up-to-date accounting is available as the Community Campaign
• Assist Finance & Operations Manager in preparation of draft budget
• Assist and participate in the preparation of financial documents for the annual audit
• Manage revenue and expense accounts generated by shared facility management.
• Monitor contributions (pledges receivable) throughout the year
• Assisting all team members in various tasks
• You must have a great sense of humour – seriously, you will need a great sense of humour!
• Experience with accounting software (Sage, Quickbooks, etc.)
• Above average computer skills, with experience in use of Microsoft Office Professional
• Experience in database management software
• Ability to establish priorities and timelines to handle multiple projects in an efficient, accurate and professional manner
• Self-motivated and innovative with the ability to work with little supervision
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is an asset
If you enjoy working in a team environment and want to help make our community a great place for everyone to live, please forward your resume to:
The United Way of Fort McMurray
The Redpoll Centre at Shell Place
1 C.A. Knight Way
We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.