The United Way of Fort McMurray is seeking applications from people interested in joining our team in the role of The Redpoll Centre Coordinator.
The Redpoll Centre is a non-profit shared space program run by The United Way Fort McMurray. The Redpoll Centre Coordinator is the glue that connects, the spark that ignites, and the person in our non-profit shared space who may not have all the answers, but will know where to find them. This is an exciting role that is people-oriented and solutions-focused. The Coordinator, in addition to being the welcoming face (and voice) of The Redpoll Centre, is also the person who takes a systems approach to how the facility is working for the 40+ individuals who work within it.
The goal of The Redpoll Centre at Shell Place is to build the capacity of organizations by providing professional administrative office space, networking opportunities, state-of-the-art equipment, and shared amenities that facilitate and encourage collaboration and connection. The Coordinator is integral to the realization of the intent of The Redpoll Centre.
Reporting to the Director of Administration, the Redpoll Centre Coordinator’s role includes the following responsibilities:
The Redpoll Centre
- As the heart of the Centre, this position will organize our shared space, inspiring positive energy, facilitating networking opportunities, and ensuring effectiveness of shared amenities
- As the first point of contact, the Coordinator will connect with all tenants, becoming familiar with the people and organizations so they can effectively assist visitors and respond to inquiries.
- The Coordinator will answer the United Way Fort McMurray’s main phone line and help direct callers to the appropriate staff member.
- The Coordinator will lead the design of tenant meetings and take the communication lead as it relates to promotion of the gatherings and reporting back. These meetings will achieve a number of different things including professional development, networking, information sharing, and relationship-building, just to name a few.
- Develop and maintain procedures and related manuals for all shared resources to ensure maximum and appropriate utilization (copiers, kitchen, audio-visual equipment, etc.)
- Provide tours of The Redpoll Centre to guests and organizations, sharing its features, amenities and community benefits.
- Manage, maintain and organize the effective and equitable use of all meeting spaces within The Redpoll Centre.
- The Coordinator orients all external users of our meeting spaces and manages all access and set-up requirements.
- Produces monthly invoices for tenants and community users of our meeting spaces.
- Responsible to maintain all procedures that maintain the safety and security of the Centre.
- The Coordinator will provide daily oversight of all shared spaces within The Redpoll Centre ensuring general tidiness and professionalism
- Manage the incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries to The Redpoll Centre.
- Monitor all consumables and ensure that we have adequate stocks of all supplies required for the effective operation of the Centre.
- Develop and maintain internal database of organizations which use our facilities including insurance and contact information.
- Cross-train other staff on the primary responsibilities of the Redpoll Centre Coordinator as required.
United Way Support
- Provides Administrative services to the Executive Director and the management team including management of calendars, travel arrangements, etc.
- Update Policy and Procedure s Manuals.
- Provides support to the Board of Directors including preparing agendas, meeting arrangements, minute taking, etc.
- The Coordinator may be required to do data entry into Andar 360, the United Way’s Constituent Management Relationship program.
Recommended skills and attributes for a successful Community Animator:
- A natural connector and people person with a positive attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intuitive abilities to establish priorities and timelines to handle multiple projects in an efficient, accurate and professional manner
- Self-motivated and innovative in terms of projects, systems and programming
- Above average computer skills and an aptitude for learning new technology
- Demonstrated success in organizing, problem solving, innovating and paying attention to details
Please send an electronic copy of your resume to Maryellen Fenech, Director of Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would kindly ask you to include a cover letter expressing your interest in the position, the qualifications that make you suited to the role, and your salary expectations. Only candidates considered for interviews will be contacted.
The Redpoll Centre is a capacity building initiative of The United Way of Fort McMurray and is home to a variety of nonprofit sport, recreation, cultural, arts and social profit organizations.